Monday, January 29, 2007

Watch this!


I have always had a weakness for watches. My first paycheck from my first real job was spent on a watch which I still use more than any of the more recent acquisitions.

Swiss watchmaker Hublot is investing very heavily on advertising its "Bigger Bang" model, on the right, usually the red gold version, which I couldn't find a picture of. It's superb, with the mechanism all on display, made from gold, ceramic, kevlar and rubber. Strangely, I couldn't find this model on the manufacturer's site, perhaps because they have already sold the 18 limited edition pieces. For more details try The Watch Quote.

As for the price of the "Bigger Bang", if you need to ask, you can't afford it. The more practical and still stunning "Big Bang" is priced between 12,000€ and 16,000€. Maybe if I sell one of the cars...

No comments: