Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Spring is Sprung

It just crept up on me. One minute I had my head buried in accounts, textbooks and the like, the next everything in the garden is budding, sprouting, flowering away, like the ornamental cherry tree here, the weeping willow, the bulbs I planted only last month.

The downside is the huge quantities of yellow dust given off by the pines, covering everything and getting into our lungs. 10 cm of growth in a week on the lawn is a daunting prospect too. We could do with some rain to settle the dust. Strangely, only last week I was saying "I'm sick of all this rain" - not something you would expect to hear from an Englishman in Portugal.

And the days are getting longer - more light for golfing! Now all I need is some time off work (fat chance) to make the most of this beautiful time of year.

No comments: