Sunday, June 18, 2006

Get Firefox!

I've been playing with Firefox for a couple of weeks now, and have to recommend it over Internet Explorer despite many years of almost faultless service.

It's smaller, faster and more user friendly, particularly the tabs feature. In addition, a big plus for me is that I can now visit my own blog without clocking up visits on Sitemeter. At the old house, using ADSL from Oni to access the internet, Sitemeter would detect my browser and ignore my visits. Since we moved and changed to NetCabo the visits were registered, coming from the same PC with no configuration changes. Firefox has fixed that - hooray.

The plug's in the sidebar, as I can't put scripts in the post body.

I am also removing my endorsement of Bloglines. Not because it's faulty, but because I've found something better: NetVibes (thanks Bev).

1 comment:

Éme said...

Some blogs (as my own) don't work so well with Firefox, the field is much smaller, don't know why.
I believe Explorer is still the most versatile tool, but that depends on what you need.