Thursday, March 30, 2006

Vodafone UK Network Coverage

As a loyal Telecel customer, converted to Vodafone and quite satisfied with the network coverage in Portugal, I was dismayed to arrive in the UK, home of Vodafone, and discover such poor coverage.

Getting off the plane, I dutifully selected Vodafone as my preferred network, so that I could retrieve my voicemail messages, but reaching my sister's house was faced with "Emergency Calls Only" as there is no Vodafone coverage. It was the same story at my parents' house and at the hotel where I went to a wedding.

As O2 and Orange seemed to be available everywhere, I am seriously considering changing to Optimus, which also has better coverage where I work in Lisbon. It's strange how such minor annoyances can spoil a personal opinion of a major company.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My personal experience is... TMN has the better world coverage through their network with other operators. But they miss something... here in our home country... coverage is... bad.