Thursday, February 16, 2006

Moving House

The long-awaited move took place on January 7. Since then I have been writing to companies, telling them.

My UK bank, Lloyds TSB, replied with 3 letters, to my old address. "Strange", I thought. They wrote to my wife, telling her I had requested a change of address on our joint account. Fair enough. Then they wrote to each of us, individually, to advise that they would process a change of address, to be sure that we knew about it. I'm impressed by the security.

My Portuguese bank, Barclays (Portuguese "entre aspas"), made do with a fax but requested proof of the address, i.e. a copy of a bill. Not very logical for two reasons:

  1. They financed the construction, therefore know perfectly well where it is.
  2. I had no bills at that stage - even the bills for the new house were being sent to the old one!

Different countries, different cultures and concerns. I'm happy to be able to make do with the lower level of security.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good winds of Netcabo, yes they have a good service. Cant say the same about TV Cabo though, the signal is bad and the channels are just rubbish, well most of them. But we dont have time for TV right?