Sunday, November 25, 2007

A Fórmula de Deus

I've just finished reading another of my presents from last Christmas - only 3 more to go!

Following on from O Codex 632, José Rodrigues dos Santos sends Tomás Noronha off to Tehran and Lhasa this time, in search of the answer to "God's Formula", written by Albert Einstein as his proof of God's existence.

Unfortunately, this novel doesn't work for me as well as Codex 632, partly because I find the proof rather self-fulfilling and partly because, having a reasonable knowledge of physics, I got tired of the repetition of theoretical explanations: first one of the characters explains the theory to Tomás, then he goes off and confirms his understanding with another. I could have got as much out of a book 100 pages shorter, but I'm sure many readers wouldn't.

Not a book that I will take time to re-read, but as JRS and his team produce books faster than I have time to read them, I expect I'll be a fan for some time yet.

No comments: