Monday, August 13, 2007

Who's to Blame?

According to SIC news last night, the Sunday Times published a survey where 70% of people surveyed in the UK believe that the McCanns are to blame for Madeleine's abduction. While I can't find any reference to such a poll in the on-line editions of the Sunday papers, I couldn't agree more with that conclusion.

Leaving children of that age alone is illegal in Portugal and the UK, but everyone seems to have forgotten that, with the extremist UK press concentrating on the incompetence of the Portuguese authorities and the Portuguese press understandably on the defensive.

The only reason that I doubt the parents active involvement in the disappearance is their decision to stay all this time in the Algarve. If they had anything to hide, they would have left the apartment to be occupied by other tourists, who would obscure any evidence that may be recovered.

Most press reports only serve to reinforce my suspicion that they were involved. And ever since someone landed on my blog using the Google search "Madeleine McCann scam", it seems I'm not alone (Those words appear in the blog, but not in the same post). Let's hope the story is over soon, though I expect the worst.

No comments: