Friday, September 28, 2007

Barcelona Stinks

Anyone who pays attention to my Flickr badge (in the sidebar) will notice that I took a trip to Barcelona. I doubt I'll bother going back.

Perhaps it was the fact that I spent more of the trip working in the hotel than seeing the sights, but I was unimpressed. Though nobody else seems to share that opinion, I think that a long weekend would be enough to exhaust all that the city has to offer a tourist.

I return with two overwhelming impressions - the smog which hung over the city all the time I was there, and the unpleasant smells at every turn: sulphur from the chemical plant, rotting rubbish, drains everywhere except the highest points, polluted mud blowing in from the sea. Yuck! Perhaps in the rainy season both these problems disappear...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes It smells but the people from here seem no to feel it.
The odor is TOILET, very strong.