Sunday, December 03, 2006

Sexy Phones


OK. The first phone is an unsexy, but solid, Nokia 6021. It's what I'm using now, since I dropped my Palm Treo 650. The Nokia is a very good phone, not trying to be a camera or an MP3 player, just very good at what it does, with a huge battery life and a nice anti-slip coating that means it takes fewer tumbles than most phones.

The second is the ultimate luxury phone, a Vertu Constellation, about 4,000 euros, so they say, in its basic steel and leather version. Wouldn't surprise me if it has the same basic hardware as my phone, but improved software and an extra button for calling a concierge service - very useful!

The right-hand phone is my vote for the current sexiest "normal" phone - the Nokia 8800 Sirocco, which pushes the ultra-thin Motorola V3 into second place. Can't find a price for it yet though. I've never found anybody who is a staunch fan of the Motorola software yet, whereas Nokia's interface is frequently cited as the main reason for not changing brands.

So if I had 600 euros to spend on a new phone, what would I buy? Another Palm Treo 650! Not even remotely sexy, so no photo, but it functions (badly) as a camera or MP3 player and very well for storing huge numbers of contacts, appointments, tasks and emails and even surfing the net if in dire need. Have to get mine fixed...

No comments: