Saturday, September 09, 2006

Back to School

It's that awful time of year when we have to drag the kids off to the supermarket to stock up on stationery, to later go rushing back to pick through the remains of the stock when school clarifies exactly what will be required this year.

But that's not what this post is about.

17 years since I last did any serious studying, I have been pushed into signing up for a post-graduate course, mostly just to see if the grey matter still works. So this morning I got up early (for a Saturday) and went off to the second foundation session where I found, to my relief, that I am not the oldest student and that I appear to have sufficient basic knowledge to start the course.

As for blogging, the effect could be to have fewer posts, due to less time, or, hopefully, for this blog to take a decidedly academic turn as I find something interesting in the coursework to blog about. Then I will have to try to make economics and accounting interesting for readers - a real challenge!

(At the same time, I have upgraded to Blogger Beta. Now if I could only find the promised "Tag" function...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to reading how it goes.